DTx Pharma is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Stocking Agent/Lab Technician to join our Lab Operations team. This individual will work closely with the Lab Manager to ensure regular stocking of all lab and office spaces and perform routine maintenance on equipment. The successful candidate will provide critical support to the daily operations of the lab. This position operates within a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment, so flexibility and organizational skills are required.
- Monitor stock levels of lab consumables, flag items for re-order, and compare pricing between vendors
- Monitor backordered items and search for alternative sites for purchase
- Assist lab manager in unpacking new orders and breaking down boxes for disposal
- Assist in implementation of inventory management system
- Assist in freezer defrosts, incubator cleanings, and autoclaving
- Assist in other general lab maintenance
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Previous lab experience preferred
- Part time: 3 days per week, 4 hours per day (flexible schedule)
DTx Pharma, Inc. is a privately-held biotechnology company creating novel RNA-based therapeutics to treat genetic drivers of disease. The company’s proprietary delivery technology platform uses fatty acids as targeting ligands to enable delivery of oligonucleotide therapies to tissues and cell types throughout the body. In preclinical studies, DTx has demonstrated cellular uptake and broad activity of oligonucleotides in the retina, muscle, heart, nervous system, T cells and many other specialized cell types. Based upon the novelty, IP position and data demonstrating the effectiveness of its proprietary fatty acid motifs, DTx has previously received investment, nondilutive funding and other forms of support from Eli Lilly, Eye CRO and the CMT Research Foundation (CMTRF) for its ocular and muscle programs and has received multiple grant awards from the NIH (NCATS, NIA), and the TPEP program of Alzheimer’s Association and Rainwater Charitable Trust to advance its efforts to treat CNS diseases.
Keywords: lab technician, lab stocking, procurement, purchasing